Generation-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
SKy
Roleplay Guide I_vote_lcapRoleplay Guide I_voting_barRoleplay Guide I_vote_rcap 
Mike
Big-M
ADI
DiZzLe
kimi

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Hudgens

Our users have posted a total of 470 messages in 71 subjects
Latest topics
» Wher will be server?
Roleplay Guide EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 am by kimi

» Little Ineresting game/spam
Roleplay Guide EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 am by Big-M

» Bank Idea
Roleplay Guide EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:15 am by SKy

» All about Generation-X theme
Roleplay Guide EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:16 am by Mike

» Rules
Roleplay Guide EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:14 am by Mike

» Roleplay Guide
Roleplay Guide EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 pm by Mike

» LSSA Chatroom
Roleplay Guide EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 pm by SKy

» SWAT Chatroom
Roleplay Guide EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 pm by SKy

» FBI Chatroom
Roleplay Guide EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 pm by SKy

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 70 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:44 pm

Roleplay Guide

Go down

Roleplay Guide Empty Roleplay Guide

Post by Mike Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 pm

1. Spell check—no one wants to read your typos, it puts them off. Typos are fine, of course, but make an effort to spell check your posts.
2. This is related but, no chatspeak in IC. Everyone hates it. You can’t read it. Please don’t do if the creator of the board doesn’t want you too.
3. Post length—quality over quantity obviously, but you should describe your character at length so people get a feeling of who your character is. Not only current appearance but things like personality, history, flaws, the stuff that makes a human interesting.
4. Use proper grammar in IC—that means capitalization, quotation marks, etc.
5. Make your best effort to write intriguing and interesting posts—everyone gets better at writing and roleplaying and until then ask questions so you can learn.
6. Please be original, not only does it get boring to see the same characters over and over again, but there are so many of the same genre RP circling around. If you see an RP of a genre you like, don't start a thread with the same thing, join the original one. Also, try to be ecclectic with what you RP, make up some new ideas about what to roleplay. TRY NOT TO BE REDUNDANT IN THE THREADS THAT ALREADY HAVE BEEN POSTED.

OTHER POINTERS

1. Don't use '*', you should use formal writing to a certain extent while roleplaying. Use this in local ooc chat
2. Structure the sentences so they all flow together
3. Do not use words repeatedly. For example: He got up and got dressed. He walked into the washroom. He picked up a brush and he brushed his teeth. He walked into his room once again. He pushed open his door. He left his house. See? it gets annoying. 4. Make sure you have more than just a sentence. A truely gifted roleplayer can stretch one sentance into atleast three paragraphs.
5. Pay attention and read about what is going on around you. Try and effectively jump into situations where you would otherwise be left out of the general flow. Not that that is a bad thing alot of people enjoy just roleplaying on their own. Doing thier own nuts.

ABOUT INTRODUCTIONS AND FIRST POSTS

All thread authors are considered to be the initial Games Masters (GMs) of their scenarios. They should make an effort to include, at a minimum, a story, and rules in the first post or first few posts of the thread. They usually set the scene, guide players during its course and make decisions as to the outcome of the game. These authors may relinquish their right to the thread and game therein if they appoint another person to act as the GM of their RP/thread, or if the initial GM is away for an extended period at which time a new GM is appointed by group consensus and sanctioned by the Forum Moderator(s).

Mike
Forums/Server Founder and Developer
Forums/Server Founder and Developer

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum